Tuesday, April 14, 2020

It is Kidney Stones!!

My pain came back.  This time no nausea and tummyache do not have the urge to pass motion.  This time I know it is not food poisoning.  The pain was very severe.  It is called Ureteric Colic.  One of the most painful if not the most painful medical issue.

I again go to emergency.  This time after I convince the ER doctor it is kidney stones, they send me for X-rays and found the stone.  It was 6mm.  They send a just qualified doctor from urology to see me and did some test e.g touching my testicles and poking into my anus.  Then she advise me on the options.  Basically, she want me to discharge and come back on Monday as outpatient for CT scan.  I asked to be warded even though it is Thursday evening and Friday is a public holiday.

No choice has to go C warded.  Wheel into the ward at about midnight.  The patient opposite me talking to himself the whole night through.  Beside him, another patient who keeps pressing the nurse call button and keeping us awake all night.

The next morning after the doctors round, I had my CT scan.  The kidney stone is actually 8mm and 2 other stones 3mm each.  I am in real trouble.

My son's girlfriend's father had kidney stones and took some Chinese herbs and it works.  I am take them now as well.  I am also drinking lemon juice.  It is supposed to reduce the size of the stones.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Keep healthy by eating less hawker food as they contain lots of sodium.
Hope you will be healthy from now on. Take care BL and stay safe from
the covid-19 too :)

BookLover said...

Thanks, BT. Have been eating at home since the lockdown. Weight also go down but probably due pain of the colic.