Monday, April 20, 2020

Fixing a Broken Fan

I feel so proud of myself.  The fan in my bedroom broke and on the internet there is a guy who use the used PE bottles and turned them in strings and show how strong and durable it is.  So I tried and it works! However, it is not good enough as the holder for the fan has split into two.  And I can only tie top half.  Bottom half is still shaky.  

So I decided to use glue.  Epoxy is a strong glue and my boy has a big bottle or rather 2 bottles, one for resin and other for hardener.  I seen these two bottles for a long time and wonder if my boy has forgotten.  He did not!  I asked him for epoxy and when he says it was upstairs immediately I know he meant these 2 bottles.

My first 2 attempts applying the epoxy was a failure.  Finally, I managed to fill up the cavity with epoxy.  I hope the epoxy is strong enough to hold the fan.

No comments: