Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Food Poisoning Episode

Two days ago, I ate achar from unauthorised vendor.  I ate it at noon.  By 3pm, I was not feeling good.  I tried to vomit to no avail.  My tummy hurts and yet I cannot pass motion.  So I took 2 panadols and tramadol.  Still did not work.  At 7pm, I took 2 more panadols and wife decides to bring me to hospital.  There I went to A&E.  Doctor do a blood test and gave me an injection for pain.  Also drug to stop my nausea.  The nausea drug works but the pain did not subside.  So, he gave me a dose of morphine.  In 30 mins, my feet and hands which were very cold, warms up.  It is amazing change.  I wanted to die.  Now, I feel much better.

I was sent for x-ray and the doctor ultrasound my abdomen.  Cannot find any issue.  I was sent to the ward with my drip.  I am glad to get the treatment.  I had panadol drip at 2am.

I had to do x-ray of my abdomen at 3:50am.  5am is measurement of my vitals.  So it is not possible to sleep well at all.

6am is first round by 1 group of doctors.  8am by round 2.  Different doctors.  So it is a bit confusing who is in-charge. 

Anyway, I managed to get myself discharge by 4pm and out of the hospital by 5pm.

Yesterday, was recovery.  Still do not feel good and have cold sweats.  Today, feeling stronger but at time weak and breathless.  I am recovering.  It feels good!!!

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

You have to take good care of yourself. Cannot anyhow eat because
we are getting older. Glad to hear you are fine now :)

BookLover said...

Thanks, BT! I found out it is kidney stones not food poisoning as the pain came back. Will be going for operation to get rid of the stones.