Monday, December 04, 2017

Man Man Unagi

I had unagi takeaway last Saturday from Tampopo in Ngee Ann City.  So B1 reminds me of the place where the unagi is freshly slaughtered and grilled.  I had told him when he first tells me about this place is that I tried in fresh unagi in Japan and it did not taste good even though it was quite expensive. 

Today, he brought me to Man Man and there is a long queue outside the resturant.  We had to wait for at least half an hour.  We got lucky and sat on the counter seats.  So I can see the grilling.  I did not notice until B1 points out to me the fish is still moving.  Then I saw the mouth gasping for air and the fins are still moving.  It is a little gross even though the fishes has been split and left in the basin for a few minutes before being skewered.  It is probably moving about for more than 10 mins after it body was split, backbone removed.  

The unagi tastes pretty good.  The problem is the price.  It cost $38 for one bowl of rice topped with unagi.  It is quite a nice experience.  I do not thiink I will go back.  I prefers the char siew from the famous char siew wanton mee on Keong Siak Street.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I have blog about this place and yes the price is exorbitant and the queue is long.

BookLover said...

You did?!! I did not know. It is a place for the young.