Saturday, December 02, 2017

Breakfast at Intercontinental Hotel

A friend from Korea is in town and invited me to his hotel for breakfast.  I had French toast.  The salad, fruit juice and cut fruits are self service.  The fruit juice is quite good.  The breakfast is quite high standards although I think it is better in Seoul.  I stay in Intercontinental there most of the time.  I also like Chosun Westin which has huge stretch of tourist foodstalls and market across the road.  Intercontinental has the Kuan Yin temple and underground mall.  The underground mall is not as nice since the upgrading.  The bookshop is gone as well.  However, the resturants are still familiar such as Friday's, pho and Outbacks.  Plenty of coffee chains like Starbucks, Coffeebeans and Korean brands.

After breakfast, I went to the library to borrow books.  Library has also been renovated.  No more librarians sitting at the counter.  It is now converted to a event hall.  So library services are automated and it is not easy to see a walking librarian anymore.

No comments: