Saturday, May 06, 2017

AMK Ave 5 Teochew Porridge

Teochew Porridge is getting more and more expensive.  I was in Northpoint and surprised to see Ban Heng there.  The food looks quite good and so I tried.  I order braised bean curd skin, braised pork belly, salted veg and fish cake with one porridge.  The bill come to $8.10.  The quantity is tiny as I ordered for 1 person.  It is ridiculously expensive.

This evening, we went to AMK Ave 5 and Ave 10 Hawker Center for the Teochew porridge.  We had 4 persons and I ordered salted veg, steamed garouper, 2 portions of chai pow eggs, braised beancurd skin and fishcake.  With 2 rice and 1 porridge, the total bill is $19.50 approximately $5 per head.  The taste is comparable and the value is fabulous.  Granted, it does not have aircond but it is the right way to go.

No comments: