Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New Tool New Skill Dramatic Productivity Increased

I have been using a scoop net for many years.  It is getting more and more challenging to catch the small fishes I used to catch.  Maybe the fishes are less.  I feel my reflexes are slowing down as well.  I could not move fast enough and the fishes escape.  With the scoop net, I have to spend sometimes an hour as I have to wait for the school to swim near me to within reach of my net.

Now I have the new tool, cast net, I have to acquire new skill.  The skill of throwing the net so that it opens up.  It is so much easier to learn new skills nowaday.  Before, I would have gone to the library or Kinokuniya and get a few books with how-to instructions and practise.  Many mistakes and futile efforts with re-reading the instructions over and over again until I learn the skill of throwing the cast net.  Today, it is different.  Go to Youtube and lots of different way of throwing the cast net for beginners.  Each video is only two to three minutes and I can try right away.

This morning after a few throws with nothing, I had one that caught the fishes.  One cast is enough more than 10 good size fishes are in the net.  Shake them off and then pull or push out those stuck in the net and my mission is completed.  So much faster, easier and more productive.

All have I have to do is acquire new tool and new skill to use the tool properly.  This sounds like what Manpower Minister preach to us.

No comments: