Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Making Good Soup

I think I know the secret of good soup.  First, must clean the bones with salt.  Then boil the bones for 10 mins and washed the pot and bones with cold water.  Add filtered water and boil for many hours.  I boiled the bones over a two day period with rest at night as I do not wish to watch the heat and the pot.

Add freshly ground pepper while the soup is simmering.  It will remove the porky smell.  After the bone marrow has been thoroughly extracted, off heat and wait for the soup to cool.  Remove the bones and filter the soup.  Store the soup base in the fridge.  The soup will jell up and it is quite solid. 

To make the soup, just dilute the jelly with equal portion of water and bring to a boil.  Add any ingredient you like.  I love tau pok, fish balls, fried tau kee stuffed with fish meat or abalone, fresh prawn, cuttlefish and sliced fish fillet. 

I am still a little boy preferring fishball rather than real fish fillet which my wife prefers.

No comments: