Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Madam Kwan's

I had nasi lemak in Madam Kwan's for lunch.  I gave my host the choice of Chilis, Canton-I or Madam Kwan's.  She chose Madam Kwan.  It is typical Malaysian food.  I had the nasi lemak and she ordered Penang Laksa.  Then I add on beef rendang and chicken satay.  We could not finish the food.  The nasi lemak is quite nice but not as nice as Sakura, the original nasi lemak resturant that Madam Kwan started.  The beef rendang is pretty good.  I prefer our local chicken satay.

Before going to airport, I go to Krispy Kreme to buy a dozen of original donuts.  I asked for free donuts and the girl just point a sign right in front of me.  I did not see what is right in front of me.  I read it and read it again to make sure my eyes are not playing tricks.  So I asked her, buy 1 dozen flavored get 1 dozen original free!  So I asked her why she did not tell me.  I think her English may not be good even though she understood what I say to her.  So I get another dozen of the flavored donuts.  The total price?  Ringgit 27 and change.  For Sin 10 dollars, I get 24 donuts.  B3 is so happy.  It is his birthday treat as his birthday is tomorrow.  So he and his gor gor pile the donuts up high.  All high in a single stack and took a picture to instagram.  He had fun!

No comments: