Monday, March 21, 2016

Mid Valley

It's been a long time!  I am so glad to be back to this mall.   A lot of the resturants are gone and new ones are in.  I tried a new Japanese resturant that does bbq.  It is not so popular, so I thought maybe it is just expensive.  Actually, not only it is expensive, the food is no good.  So I tell my friends not to go.  Actually, I wanted to go to Madam Kwan's for Nasi Lemak as she was featured in Straits Times many years ago.  Unfortunately, they closed at 3pm for Annual D & D. 

I have to decide where to go for lunch tomorrow.  Madam Kwan's or Chili's.  I like Chili's.  It is nice to be treated by friend too.  Both Borders and MPH has strunk in floor space and the selection of books vastly reduced.  Mostly bestsellers are displayed.  Kinokuniya Singapore has bigger selection.  Book trade is a sunset industry.

Ace Hardware is still around but now no more fun gadgets.  The barbeque range has increased.  I bought the wood chips and smoker.  This time I will be able to smoke meats!  I am happy to try out new ways of bbqing meats.  Nowadays, I do shop and buy stuff I can use.  It is unusual products that are not available.  Best of all, the prices are very reasonable.


No comments: