Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Simple Pleasures

Tonight is full team i.e. all 3 boys have dinner with us.  I made the soup.  It is simple.  Leftover King Soup, add duck bone soup from yesterday.  Add fishballs and fish dumpling or hee kiow.  Put to boil.  The secret is the pot!  I use our cast iron pot from Staub.  My boys loved the soup!  After dinner, I peeled Barnfield oranges and skinned and cut Asian pear from Korea.  We had good conversations.  Now B3 is passing time watching tv and munching his potato chips.  B1 is studying for his exams and B2 is surfing the net.  Mummy is busying sewing.  Our helper is doing household chores.  It is wonderful evening.  Everyone is busy or passing time.  I wished B2 and B3 would spend more time reading.  Reading is no longer a habit.  Attention span is short because net surfing makes it so.  Except for B1 who is very focused on his study, B2 and B3 seems unable to stay focus on reading material for long time.  They used youtube to get video instructions.  It is different from words and drawings.

I am happy to have everyone at home and enjoying simple dinner together. 

No comments: