Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mainland Chinese Food

B3 want to buy macaroon powder which is actually powdered egg white.  There is a shop opposite Raffles hotel that sells baking stuff.  However, it cost $17 which is too expensive.  So he wanted to go the Phoon Huat in Toa Payoh.  B3 is good at baking.  I agree but have no interest.  There is a China style food in the shop right beside Phoon Huat in Lorong 1.  The food looked interesting the last time we went Phoon Huat.  So I decided to try it.  I ordered  large intestines in miniwok and deep fried long beans.  The intestines is quite spicy with chilli oil and Szechuan spices.  Taste quite good.  The deep fried long beans or 4 seasons beans is very good as well.  B3 liked the food.  So I ordered cold beef in cucumber.  I like to eat like I am in China.  Mummy saw the next table order Wall Tie or fried dumpling.  So she ordered Jiao Zi and when the dish arrived she realised she ordered wrong and Jiao Zi is steamed.  Together with a bowl of rice and two drinks, the bill come to $34.

No comments: