Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Buddhist Lodge in River Valley Road

I went to this temple today.  I thought it is the first time I went there.  But when I was there, the canteen where free food was provided looked familiar.  I went there as a kid with my mum.  I still remember the volunteer cutting vegetables and the scene looked the same.  Now my perspective is different.  I prayed to the different statues of Buddha.  There are 9 levels.  Level 2 is the admin office.  Level 3 is for praying to the dead.  I did not venture higher.  Level 1 is where devotees chant.  Now I know why my friend from Thailand will go to this temple with her mum.  It is a popular temple and has much more to offer than Kwan Yin Hood Cho temple.  Kwan Yin Hood Cho is my regular place of worship as my boy goes tuition there.

There is also a menu system for donation.  It is interesting to see the different categories.  It is Chinese beliefs to donate to a specific cause for desired effect.

No comments: