Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Auckland Public Library

Auckland Library is very friendly to its customers.  There are people on standby waiting to answer any queries.  Many tables and benches have power outlets for patrons to plug in.  Many do so.  The place is very popular with laptops and tablets being used.  The library also reminds me of old times.  Plenty of microfiche and microfilms.  Also bound volumes of magazines and Parliamentary debates in 1900s.  There is a section on Maori history and a museum of World I and II.  So I would say the library seem better than Singapore as they retained some of the old technology.

I like the bound volumes.  I remember doing research and looking for projects in the old magazines.  Nowadays, it is just internet.  Nobody leave through old dusty tomes anymore.

No comments: