Monday, July 14, 2014

Almost Every Meal in Australia, Singaporeans

Melbourne is a big city and when I go for meals I met Singaporeans.  The first meal was dinner in Spicy Fish was Singaporean family with a kindergarden age girl.  Then at Mekong River for Vietnamese Pho, mother and 12 years old daughter.  Mother asked daughter to eat more "tau gay".  Her accent and words are clearly from my hometown. 

Last night arriving Sidney Coogee Beach and starving, I check out all the resturants.  I like the ribs but the resturant Brazil Churros has only buffet and I did not want to stuff myself up.  So I pick an Italian resturant. What I asked about what type of apple juice they serve to the waitress, another man came to explain to me.  Then he asked if I am from Singapore.  This time it is the owner nephew.  It is probably a coincident but incredible for this trip.  3 encounters with people from the tiny red dot.

No comments: