Friday, May 23, 2014

Michigan Professor Exchange Program

This afternoon I was cycling in the PCN as usual.  I like it when the park connector is quiet as I can listen to my music, audiobook or simple reflect as I cycle.  It is far more restful to cycle when there is no need to keep watching out for pedestrians or joggers especially little cyclists!  I decide to turnaround at the water playground.  An Ang Mo lady wearing NParks uniform was waiting and signalled to me.  She asked if I can do a survey for her.  I obliged as I enjoys the parks and want to make their job easier.  I was surprised she is there at that odd hour.  I asked her about it since it is going to rain, there was hardly anyone.  She says they just want to capture park users at all time.  She is a Professor on an exchange program.  She is a nice middle age lady.  She lived and work in Michigan park. 

This bring back memories of my training trip to Chicago.  I was getting training on repairing diagnostic test machine in Chicago.  Temperature was below zero fahrenheit!  The cold was really intense.  Even the short walk from carpark to the building was a torture.  The training was two weeks.  So one of the trainee asked me what I will be doing on the weekend.  I told him I have no plans.  So he invited me to his home.  It was a three hours drive in a rural area of Michigan.  He was a warm host.  He brought me to do ice fishing.  It is quite interesting to drill a hole in the lake and sit there to talk while waiting for the fish to bite.  The fishes are quite small. 

Michigan is a nice place but cold and snowy in winter, very similar to Toronto.

No comments: