Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

We went to Arab Street for our cheap and good Malay lunch.  Unfortunately, the place to very pack and we have to look for another place.  So we ended up in Prince Coffee House.  This is Hainanese style western cooking.   We had their Mother's Day special menu, mixed grill and ikan kurau set.  We also tried their beef hor fun, oxtail stew and Hainanese pork chop.  The lunch cost us $100 in a fair hot environment.  The food is quite good.  Only complaint is aircond should be better for the price we are paying.

We also try their Apple Pie and butter cake.  They are quite traditional and tasty.  We had a repeat purchase of Yam cake which is mummy's favorite.  I am glad now I have a good source of traditional apple pie.  When I was in Singapore Poly, I used to buy apple pie from Fuji Bakery a neighbourhood bakery shop in Holland Road when I walked home.  Finally, I found the same taste since more than 30 years ago.  What a treasure!

No comments: