Friday, April 25, 2014

Life and Death

I read Tao when I was in Secondary school.  Reading on Taoism bring understanding and joy about life.  I am naturally brooding type.  Reading Chinese Philosopy of Tao relief of thinking how difficult life can be.  Lao Tze says the moment you are born your death is confirmed.  Life and death is interwined.  The yin and yang or duality of life.  If there is life, there must be death.  Without death, there will not be life.

We always avoid death and assume life goes on forever.  Live like there is no tomorrow - this come from the West.  I always wonder how?  I like to live life to the fullest but we still have to earn our living.  Maybe I do not understand the statement.  Live life to the fullest does not mean you stop working to earn money.  I always think live life to the fullest means doing whatever I like and this does not including working for a living.

In Chuang Tzu stories, there is a sage who uses the skull as his drinking vessel.  He does not attached the skull to a scary thing of a dead person's head.  I on the other hand, still prefers my mug.  This mean I am not ready to practise Tao.

No comments: