Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ponsonby

Ponsonby in Auckland is place full of resturants and it is quite interesting to see the resturants set-up in different ways.  I had lunch in a modern Chinese resturant and the food is not bad.  A big slice of pork belly on steamed bun and two slices of pickled cucumber and hoisin sauce.  I think I can do this myself! 
It is rare that I venture outside the area near the hotel.  But the taxi driver assured me it is a short walk hotel about 25mins instead of 10 mins he said.  So I explore a different place in Auckland today.  As I talk to many new immigrants or students, it seems like New Zealand is an okay country to live in although it can be quite boring.  However, all the Asian food is available.  No fishball noodles or braised duck rice.  So maybe Bangkok is a better place to live except for their political issues.

No comments: