Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Auckland, Mini Koreantown

I am glad the weather is good today.  No wind and sunny.  So it is nice to walk outside.  Plenty of people out on the street in shorts.  It feels like home!  Auckland is full of Asian resturants.  I had trouble with the food here.  After the meals, I have to go to washroom to release.  I cannot stomach the food.  It is not good.  Maybe it is the chilli sauce.  I had spicy and sweet Korean chicken and the effect is the same.

Nice weather makes a person feel better.  When it is all gloomy with heavy clouds, it feel depressing.

Auckland is full of Asians.  I think the largest Asian group will be Koreans.  Plenty of Korean resturants and pharmacies.   The range of Korean food is almost like Seoul and all congregate around the city.  The food servings are huge.  No wonder people are overweight including students.  Along the streets, I have heard Cantonese, Putonghua and Bahasa Indonesia.   There were also European languages that I am not familar with.  This is like a huge melting pot. 

I noticed the Korean girls here are not good looking unlike those in Seoul.  Hmm!  Cosmetic surgery or treatment?   Auckland is a quiet town.   I had a short chat with a fellow Singaporean visiting.  She finds Auckland boring.  Most shops closed by 6pm.  So it is sports, gardening or home maintenance or other stuff, even extreme sport.  I am not sure if I can live here permanently.  New Zealand has plenty of space, green and good air.  It is healthy living.  So the advantages are clear.

No comments: