Monday, January 20, 2014

Long Way to New Zealand

This is my first time taking direct flight from Singapore to Auckland.  Usually, I will go to Australia first and then I was surprised every time I take my flights from Australia to New Zealand is 4 hours long and 2 hours time difference.  So I leave in the morning from Australia and arrived late in the afternoon.  The Sin-Auckland is almost 10 hours.  3 meals available on the flight.  Going back home seems a lot faster as the time difference give the illusion of short flight.  Leaving at 1pm and arriving 7pm seems not bad except once the 5 hours time hours difference is taken into account, the flight 11 hours, longer than the opposite direction.

Auckland is still a very small place and everything closes at 6pm.  My wife just reminded me that we stay in the Crowne Plaza when we first visited Auckland for holiday.  Wow, I did not remember the hotel but remember we were bored and she was pressuring me to drive somewhere.  I am not the sightseeing type and therefore just stayed in the city.

No comments: