Sunday, January 19, 2014

Teck Ghee Market

I always thought I should check out Teck Ghee Market so many times when I drive along AMK Ave 1.  It was going to the Free Buddhist Clinic that I finally explore this place after picking B3 from school.  He need to eat lunch and this is a new place to find food for him.  There is a Domino Pizza and he tried the lunch deal of 5.5in personal pizza with coke.  This was not enough for him.  So he wanted a regular 9" pizza for lunch the next day with cheezy crust upgrade.  However, the pizza become too much and he has to save half for dinner to share with his elder brothers.

There is this famous Bak Kut Teh in the hawker center.  We have our lunch there.  We tried everything on the menu with 5 bowls of rice.  Total cost is $24.50, not bad.  The soup is a little too peppery.  The pork ribs are quite tough.  I prefer the braised pork leg which is very popular.  The pig's stomach is fine and lettuce is ok too.  The salted vegetable is not as good as other place.  B3 did not rave about this place as compare to Tiong Bahru market.  So I know which one he prefers.  Anyway, it is good we tried, B1 said.  And I agreed.  Otherwise, we would know.  Next time, I think we will get two braised pork legs and stomach soup. 

I wonder if Lee Hsien Loong who is the MP in-charge ever eats at the market.

No comments: