Thursday, January 23, 2014

Honey, You Cannot Pass

NZ's custom is very strict.  No food allowed to go in and honey is not allowed to go on the carry on bags.  It does not make sense as you can buy the honey in the duty-free and carry into the aircraft.  So this look like a hypocritical move to confisticate unsuspecting travellers.  Luckily for me, Singapore Airlines save my two bottles of honey.  I keep asking them to call Singapore Airlines and they initially refuse and I refused to budge either.  Finally, they relented after getting my boarding pass.  The customer service guy came up and take my luggage to check in.  So I was lucky.  I wished I have checked-in in the first place.  I hate checking in my lugguage and did not expect any trouble but New Zealand is troublesome when it comes to their custom and immigration. 

So please check and check when you go into and out of New Zealand.

No comments: