Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Healthy Diet

"A Dietitian" wrote to me to eat all the healthy food - no fried food, no sugar and no carbo.  I am trying to do this.  I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.  But I also love youtiao, fried poh piah(spring roll) and fried chicken.  I have cut down my carbo intake significantly.  My big weakness today is "teh-C".  I drink a cup every morning.  Some times I switched to coffee with condensed milk.  The drink is rich and unhealthy.

Luckily, I have discipline to exercise everyday when I am not travelling.  If it rains, I will sneak out once it stopped even for a short while to make sure I at least exercise a wee bit.  Cycling is so gentle compared to running.  It is also very comfortable, no sweat! as the airflow around the body prevent sweating.

Dinner at home is two tablespoons of rice.  We eat the unpolished rice with low glycemic index commonly known as GI.  So I just need to consume less calories when I travel since I do not exercise.

No comments: