Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Connecting

We ran out of fruits.  So after dinner, I made a trip to the supermarket nearby.  B2 decides to tag along.  Along the way, he starts telling me about what's happening in school.  He is in the mood to be chatty and talk about CCA(co-circular activities or non-academic work).  He is experiencing the usual team dynamic where the slackers come up with excuses not to attend the meeting to escape work needed to be done.  There are the politics and sarcasms during the meeting.  It reminds me of working in a large organisation!

This time I only tell him my concerns about him and how he has improved over the years in his abilities and learning the value of thrift.  I told him I am happy to have this conversation with him.  He thanked me for listening to him.  I must say his EQ is good to know that I was listening to him most of the time.  Father and son had a good connection last night.

Watermelon was on "special" at $3.50 each.  We chose the watermelon together.  He enjoys learning to tap on the melon to listen to the sound.  I taught him to look at the head where the fruit was attached to the plant.  The sound is different for different melon.  There were two that we feel was ripe.  We took them to the weighing machine and pick the heavier melon(must get value for our money!).  Then I noticed "black beauty" is at $3.50 too.  This time the size is a lot bigger than before.  So we pick a black beauty water melon.  It is the first time I bought this water melon.  I am looking forward to find out it taste like.

No comments: