Friday, October 18, 2013

Experienced vs Newbies Cabin Crews

On the theme of Cabin Crews, I like to articulate my opinion on experienced crews vs young good looking even sensual stewardess.  I loved good looking girls.  As Straits Times columnist Richard Lim puts it, beauty is a pleasure to be experienced.  However, for cabin service my preference is always the more mature experienced crews.  The balding IFS in his 50's always made my flight comfortable by introducing himself and making sure I know he is in-charge and will make my flight comfortable.  I also find that leading stewardess - green kebaya and chief stewadess - the red kebaya are usually very service orientated and set good examples.  Red kebaya are usually bigger size and past their prime in terms of looks or figure.  They make it up for great customer care and maturity. 

I usually find male Chiefs and in-flight supervisors very well versed in keeping passengers comfortable.  Of course if there is a good mix with "eye candy" it will be the "service other airlines talk about!".  By the way, although I have not personally experience Emirates service, I heard they are good.  I also like Cathay Pacific inflight service as well.

Budget airlines is like travelling in the past.  My first flight in 1984 was Air India to New Delhi.  No inflight entertainment at all.  I was on business class and there is simply nothing to do except sleep.  I learn to bring books to read after my first flight.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

If only the senior crew can maintain their looks and figures I think SQ would be the best again.

BookLover said...

You are right, BT!