Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Week in Melbourne

My neighbour is raving about her trip to Melbourne where she spent a week there.  It is PSLE marking week and she brought her kids there.  She love the place!  Especially her size is only Medium whereas here it is Extra Large.  The food is so cheap.  She love to eat and good at comparing prices.  She felt the price in resturants is expensive.   She also brought candies over for my boys.  She is really enthusiatic about Australia although she is only in one city. 

I also think Melbourne is nice even though I stay only one night there.  I wrote about my opinion changed and now think Melbourne is better than Sydney during my trip to Australia three weeks ago.  I like the historical feel of the place especially with the trams.  Singapore is a lot more advanced and has more stuff to offer that is branded goods or electronics.  However, Melbourne has a more homely feel.  The pace of change make me feel left behind.  My neighbourhood is changing rapidly.  The roads are widen and expanded.  The realignment of old road confuses me.  Jalan Kayu is totally changed.

So I like Melbourne being the same every time I visit especially since I did not go there very often.  The familiar feel is very shiok and I feel I know the city.  I love Melbourne.

No comments: