Sunday, August 04, 2013

Terrapin Escaped!

B3's terrapin was put out at the pond outside.  After a few days, it escapes and is nowhere to be found.  B3 was upset and so I promised him to get another.  He has been looking after the terrapin well and it grew quite big.  So I know he will be able to look after the new terrapin.  We bought one from Nanyang Sea View.  I also bought him a floating platform for the terrapin to come out of the water to bask.  He is more careful and place a netting to cover the tank in case the terrapin decides to escape.

I wonder where the terrapin go to as it is a concrete jungle outside our house.  Maybe it has the right instinct to find its way to the reservoir.  Our neighbour lost a terrapin before too.  It was quite large.  It was never found.  We wonder where it can go since it is so big.  I thought it may die somewhere in our estate but no dead terrapin ever showed up.

The good news is there are lots of baby fishes in our pond.  It is now a proper ecosytem.  I am happy that the fishes are breeding.

No comments: