Thursday, July 25, 2013

Commodities

It has been a long time since I look at my commodities investment.  I had a shock!!!  I suffered a loss of 37%.  It is so difficult to earn and save money to invest and I lost money on commodity funds.  I am a fan of investment guru Jim Rogers.  Unfortunately, commodities need to be watched carefully and I do not monitor my portfolio and actively get out when commodities prices crash.  I should stick to Warren Buffett and be a value investor.  I bought a few of the cheap Class B shares and the value has gone up.  The Class A share is super duper expensive, more than $100K US dollars! 

It is better I keep my money to eat and spend for my retirement rather than trying to invest.  Anyway, I also remember I did make some money to buy my car.  So overall, it is not too bad.   I will just sit tight.  Not doing anything is some time good.

No comments: