Friday, March 15, 2013

Stressful Day and Memories of KL trips

Early morning and the stress starts.  A customer needed an answer on price.  It is scrambling time! The report is due and more reports to check and verify.  It is non-stop adrenalin rush.  From one activity to another with deadlines.  It is end of the day and end of the week.  I am pooped! 

Luckily, I found time to cycle before dinner.  The exercise helps me work off the stress hormones.  I feel better after cycling.  The weather is hot but it is important to get the heart pumping and work of the energy physically. 

After dinner, I have a cup of Old Town coffee.  This reminds me of being in KL.  I always have coffee or tea after meal with my colleagues and talk about everything and nothing.  It was important bonding time and I get to know them better and they know me better.  My team is KL is very good even though I only spent a few days with them every two to three months.  We make things happen. 

I loved the food in KL.  KL has all the different ethnic varieties and good food at reasonable price.  I had good competent staff.  The difference between Malaysians and Singaporeans is Malaysians are warm and friendly and more laid back.  Singaporeans in contrast tends to be in a hurry, stressed and therefore sound curt.  I have not gone to KL for some time now.  I loved the mega malls.  Window shopping is fun.  Borders is still alive and well.  Jom Bali has good iced coffee, brown butter kaya toast and best Ipoh hor fun.  Bak kut teh is so good with different creative variants.  I love Ampang Yong Tau Foo and Penang Fried Kway Teow at Sunway Lagoon.

I must go back to KL, in years to come only 90mins.  It will be fantastic.

No comments: