Monday, February 25, 2013

Freezing!

It is cold in Tokyo.  From hot sunny Singapore to cold winter.  When I land, I just miss my limosine bus by 10 mins and the next bus is in one hour.  The ticket counter recommended taking the bus to Osutaka Hotel which is in half hour and take a 10 min ride by taxi.  I took the advice as I will be ahead by 20 mins instead of waiting at the airport.  Luckily for me, a fellow Singaporean  heard me asking the usher for direction.  She says it is not necessary as the Osutaka Hotel is on the hill and it is a short walk down.  When we arrived she showed me where to go and we say goodbye.  I was freezing when I walked down the hill.  It is very dark as the place is not well lit.  However, I do not feel unsafe at all.  I was pleasantly surprised that it is much nearer than I expected.  The walk is probably less than 10 min which will be shorter than my cab ride.  The cab has to travel in one way street and will have to go longer distance.

No comments: