Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Beef Noodle

I decided to try the street food for dinner.  I had beef noodles, lightly pickled cucumber, beef tripe, braised tofu and "vegetarian chicken.  The soup is delectable.  The sauce on all the side dishes is too salty.  Overall, it is quite a satisfying meal.  There are so many snacks to try.  I wish I have a bigger stomach and not worry about gaining weight. 

Finishing up my dinner on a sweet note, I had tea and cookies in Crown Bakery.  The food culture is like home during the good old days.  It is chaotic  and messy.  Seats are make-shift and plenty of variants as the vendors vie for attention and differentiation.  I love to see groups big and small and individuals eating their meals.  I have this love affair with food.  Hence my inability to reduce my waistline.

No comments: