Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Warm Taipeians

I asked for directions and help twice.  Both times, I must say I had good experience.  The person is not familiar themselves but will whip up their cellphone and get the directions and showed me the way.  I was in the MRT and then the young woman did the same thing with her cellphone and tell me which line to go to and the end station.  An elderly woman who was right besides tells me to get on the taxi.  There are plenty and it is easier...dah, dah, dah...  I told her I want to take train just to make sure I am in the right direction.

I must says folks in Taipei are warm and helpful.  I do not know if Singaporeans in general will treat tourists the same way.  I do know I always help when I know.  Actually, come to think of it, most Singaporeans do help out.  I asked occasionally on location of "famous" hawker centers in my hunt for food and usually the locals are very helpful in pointing the way.

I am beginning to fall in love with Taipei.

No comments: