Thursday, November 29, 2012

Heart Scan

Yesterday morning, I had heart scan in Asia Medic in Shaw House.  It is an interesting set-up with Wellness, PET or Positron Emission Tomography and CT scanners.  The procedure is slow the heart rate down to about 65 beats per second.  Then take a series of x-ray slices.  Rebuild the slices into 2 dimensional pictures to see the blood vessels. 

The report is supposed to go to my cardiologist directly this morning.  But the centre called and asked me to collect it at 4pm because the despatch cannot send the report by 10 am today.  It is also good that I read the report first.  I am at 75 percentile for the calcium score i.e. at my age group only 25% will have higher calcium score than me.  Not a good sign.  The report also recommended aggressive treatment for cholesterol. 

The dye injected into my veins caused me to have nausea.  I also slept early last night at 9pm.  Early to bed, early to rise.  Makes a man healthy and wise.  I am up early.  The moon is almost full and very bright when the clouds did not obscure it.

I am going to have to reduce my red meat intake.  It will be a difficult change for me and my family.  Less barbeques!!!!! 

No comments: