Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Classmate - my Cardiologist

I went to Mount Alvernia Hospital to consult my classmate and she is now officially my cardiologist.  I was hoping not to take any medications but she insisted.  With my wife who accomplished me to the doctor, I was naturally outnumbered.  I basically have to take the medication for preventive measures.  My LAD has a high calcium score at less than 50%(zero is best, 50% should plagues occluding the artery).  Clearly my arteries are still patent but they are not in good shape.  It is also better to prevent than to put in a stent.  Once I have stent, I will need more medication according to my classmate.  So it is better to prevent my heart from getting worse with medication.

She has a daughter who just finished first year in Melbourne University.  Her son is in J2 and wants to be a vet. Her daughter studied in RI.  My classmates' kids are all doing well in school.

For now, I will get my cholesterol down and eat more fruits and less meats.

No comments: