Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Night Walk

Instead of being cooped up in the hotel room with TV to keep me company, I have a chance to walk about the mall and coffeeshops.  I am a city boy who need the city buzz of the hawkers and people eating.  I visited Indian coffeeshops, surveyed all the food they have on display and look at what the patrons are eating.  It is an interesting pastime.  This place is alive even at 11pm.  It is like Roppongi.  The difference is Roppongi is full of clubs and here it is all the coffee shops.  The bars and cafe in Sunway is quite empty.  I guess it is just Tuesday night.  One of the bar I walked past has no customer at all.

There is a Borneo Rainforest directly opposite the main entrance of Sunway Resort.  It is hard to look inside.  I don't think it is well patronised.  Many years ago, I had teh tarik there.  There is still a makeshift store selling pirated DVD.  Each cost RM8.

I like the mobile steamboat.  There are a number of different items all skewered in a long bamboo stick.  You chose the items you like and put them inside the pot of boiling water.  Once it is cooked, you can eat it.  It is very retro and I still marvel that it is available here as this kind of mobile steamboat has disappeared from Singapore for probably 4 decades.

My migraine and nausea have gone.  The evening went well indeed.

No comments: