Sunday, October 21, 2012

Blogging is Memories Captured

I read my friend's blog, Boh Tong.  It is interesting reading.  I love his stories.  He is writing short fiction now.  I must say his first attempt is full of suspense.  I am dying to know the ending! 

Whereas for me, blogging is my diary.  I write about my daily life and events that most readers will find boring unless they know me personally.  I write everyday unless I am in China where blogger.com is not accessible or busy till I forgot (rare but does happen) or internet access is expensive.  I used to write when I have something to write about.  Then the Da Vinci Code case where the author was sued for something I cannot recall.  What I do remember is the author, Dan Brown wakes up early every morning before sunrises and writes.  He writes everyday without fail.  I was inspired to follow his example to improve my writing.  Hence I write everyday without fail.  I do take leave occasionally.  Everyone needs a break sometimes.

Now writing everyday is a habit, I need to improve my writings.  I do not edit my entries much.  So grammatical errors frequently appears.  Neither do I write serious matter or attempt to make it interesting.  I write to pen my daily events and what I read.  I do not give indepth analysis or layout well-thought arguments.  I just write whatever that come to my mind.   So there are plenty of room for improvement.

Whenever I review my past entries, it bring back memories.  I am a reader.  I find reading words better than photos.  Words can say many things that photos does not capture e.g. smell or taste.   I wrote a lot of riding in PCN.  I have been riding PCN so often that I cannot remember when it was completed but when I read January 2011 entries, I know the PCN is not competed yet.  Memories are very fallible but when it is written down, it is a permanent record.  A slice of history of my life is captured.  Yes, blogging is a good thing for reminiscing the past.

No comments: