Monday, September 24, 2012

Seoul Good Dinner

It is always about food.  I had traditional Korean dinner with my host and my boss.  It is a real hole in the wall place.  We walk through the hole in the wall and it is a tiny shop lot like a single stall coffeeshop in Singapore.  The place can sit about 15 diners.  The old lady owner is the chef  and cook home-style traditional Korean meals.  We had hot plate pork accompanied by various sauces and kimchi.  Even the kimchi taste different from all the resturants we had been so far.  She is just a sweet lady and was not feeling good when she saw that we did not finished her soup.  So she made another bowl of the same soup for us.

I feel like a guest to someone's home.  It is obviously a favorite with local men.  Most smoked and eat their meals and go.  This is so like eating in a neighbourhood coffeeshop.  The meal was really enjoyable.  We ate so much.  The auntie is very warm even though she did not understand us.  She read our body language well.  I am sure she will be very happy to see me again if I drop by to eat.  I will be very happy as if I am visiting an old friend or relative.

No comments: