Sunday, September 23, 2012

Haelim Park

The photos were around Haelim Park.  Haelim Park is a botanic garden cum caves.  It has lava and limestone cave which is unusual as it is rare to have both combined.  It is usually one or the other.  The cave was easy walk.  Not climbing needed.  The cave is dripping water all the time and everywhere.  The limestone feature is interesting as well.  I looked at the caves and it is very interesting to see it live instead of on documentaries.  It is all lit up.  I am thinking the explorers of caves will need all the right gear and equipment.  On top of that, they have to bring lights and cameras to video and record the caves.  I was quite blown away to be inside a cave that is dripping water and then seeing the stalactites and stalagmites forming right in front of my eyes.  This is the best thing that happens for this trip.  I feel like a real scientist.

No comments: