Monday, September 03, 2012

Murtabak at Victory in North Bridge Road

Last night, the documentary on century old business, Victory Resturant was featured.  It is more than 100 years old and it is the third generation running the business.  I decided to try the signature dish murtabak.  Like the owner who was interviewed, it is just normal.

Mummy did not like the murtabak as it contains too much chopped onions.  She requested for egg prata.  Her first bite and there is a long strand of grey hair.  It is terrible.  Just like Zam Zam, the Indian resturant next door, the hygiene factor is not so good.  Zam Zam, I recall was suspended before many years now for faeces found in the nasi bryani.  I did not complain.  She later regrets eating up the egg prata.  Sigh!  I am more tolerant of less hygiene conditions.  After all, in the army during my time when we are out in the field, we ate with very dirty hand and did not get sick(I lied!  I did a couple of times but recovered).

After lunch, we explores the shops along the road.  B3 was happy to get kooti kooti from Tai Sing.  The kooti kooti is just a piece to foam unlike the small hard figurines made of hard plastics of different colors during my time. 

No comments: