Thursday, August 16, 2012

Worlds in Collision

I always read about Velikovsky's books since I started to read about psychic subjects in secondary school in early 70's. The books were out of print.  It was impossible to find even in 2nd hand bookstores.  Internet was born and then Amazon dotcom.  Even at Amazon the books were out of print and only old hardcovers are available at an exorbitant prices from their owners.

Recently, new softcover Velikovsky's books are available.  I order them from Amazon and received the books after waiting for more than 3 months as I chose the cheapest freight option.  After waiting for so many years of waiting, what is 3 more months.

Worlds in Collision is the first book.  The first couple of chapters is quite regular.  Then it become interesting.  It is about the stories from the different cultures.  I remember one Chinese lesson about one hero who shot down 8 suns with an arrow.  This story is in the book!  I can recall vividly how my Chinese teacher says it was nonsense as there is only one sun and how can an arrow shoot down a sun.  According to Velikovsky, earth collided with a comet.  The rotation and axis shifted.   The sun stay in the same position for 3 days.  Everything was burning.  People who jumped into the water to cool down was boiled to death when the sea water start to boil.

I shall write more about this as I read further.

No comments: