Friday, August 17, 2012

Funny Feelings

Maybe because I was out for a week.  Maybe I may be sentimental.  I missed my B1 this week.  Every dinner, I wished we are complete as a family.  Tonight, I am glad all three boys are having dinner with us.  We ate all the leftovers.  Toa Payoh pau from this morning, nasi bryani from lunch and other leftovers from previous two dinners.  I wonder why I miss my boy so much.  He is going to be out for University soon and then work.  I think he is likely to work outside Singapore.  It is a matter of time my boys will fly the coop.

Let's talk about the nasi bryani.  Today's Nasi Bryani is from the recommendation of "Gintai" blog.  It is from the coffeeshop at Carpmael Rd and Crane Road junction.  The bryani rice is a little too spicy for my family.  The best banana leaf bryani rice is still the Shami in Yishun.  It is no longer in North Point or rather Koptiam took over the stall although it is serving the food.  I think the owner has foresight and bought a shop on Sembawang Road.  Now, it has control of its own destiny.  I understand it is opening a stall in Woodland mall.

It is hard to express my feelings.  I like Sumiko Tan's article.  I actually saw her in Popular with her sister and her nephew and niece.  When I read her column about the visit, I remember distinctly how bored she looked and she describe the scene so well that I can picture the encounter with her. I have plenty room to go to improve my writing.



No comments: