Thursday, August 23, 2012

Indian Food Fest!

I have been going for nasi bryani recently.  I had it for lunch and dinner today.  Yesterday, was naan and roti.  My wife now has craving for local hawker food.  She thinks it is due to the overdose of Indian food in the last few days.  I went bersek after making my in-laws happy with Mustapha outing.  So it is my Indian food festival for my family for the past few days. 

Basmati rice has low GI or glycemic index.  So bryani rice may be healthier.  However, the mutton curry will cause the cholesterol to go off the scale.  I do know this for a fact!!!  I had the nasi bryani in a medical conference in Islamabad.  I was exhibiting and we have plenty of time to kill during the conference.  Our busy periods was tea breaks and lunch. Next to my booth was supplier of cholesterol measuring machine.  Lunch was mutton bryani and it was so so good.  Being bored, we kind to teach each other on our machines.  I tested my blood and I never forget it was so high that it passes the maximum limit of the machine.  It was so delicious and so unhealthy.

Food intake affects the results blood tests.  This is why we told not to take any drinks or food for 8 hours before our blood is drawn for testing.

Continuing on the topic of food, Takashimaya has temporary tenant who sell the Amy Yip Pao.  This Pao is the size of Amy Yip's "pao".  It has pork, chicken, mushroom and chinese sausage.  It is very tasty.  Also quite good value at $3.50.  A meal by itself!


No comments: