Sunday, August 19, 2012

Family Outing

It is Hari Raya today.  My wife want to bring her parents out for meal.  She did not like my suggestion on the place.  My in-laws are vegetarians.  So in order to eat out with them, it is only vegetarian food.  There is only one vegetarian food I really like.  It is in a hawker center.  I like the stall as it has zichar.  I love the deep fried crispy dishes.  The problem is my wife does not the environment.  The hawker center is hot and quite messy.  The seats can be dirty. 

My father-in-law is looking for a pair of sneakers.  So we brought them to Mustapha, the store that has literally everything under the sun.  After purchasing the sneakers, we went to Hillman Resturant for lunch.  We requested two specially cooked dishes which is free of meat, onions or garlic.  I ordered our favorites - deep fried pork, paper chicken, claypot tofu and sambal kangkong.  My boys and in-laws loved the food.  I been to this resturant since I was a small boy.  There is a picture of the resturant of Queen Elisabeth visiting it in 1965. 

After our scrumptious lunch, we went back to Mustapha just to pass time and shop.  We bought some frozen roti prata and naans.  The brands are different from Fairprice.  We had the roti for dinner and they tasted good. 

It is a good to bring my in-laws to Mustapha.  Amazingly, it is a totally new experience for them.  They have not been to Mustapha before.  B1 also find the place different.  What he did not realise is the new wing makes the place bright, clean and upmarket.

It is a good family outing, a good meal and then just passing time together.

No comments: