Monday, July 23, 2012

Portable Speaker Box

As you know by now cycling is my latest passion to keep fit.   I am looking for gadgets to fix on my bicycle.  It is a long for time for me to find a cellphone holder.  Finally, I found it in Sim Lim Square for $25.  I then found another cellphone holder in Changi Point for $10.  Quality is different but both worked well. 

It is interesting to wander about Sim Lim Square.  It is gadgets galore.  I decided on portable speaker box to mount on my bicycle.  I used earphones all time and it can be dangerous on the road as I cannot hear the cars coming from behind well.  Also I like to have loud music to let the pedestrians and joggers know I am coming up from behind them.  There are quite a number of different speakers available.  They have different functions.  I got one with FM radio.  The sound quality is not bad for the spiffy little thing.  It come with a rechargeable battery and the sales girl says it will play for about 4 hours after full charge.

In the shop, there were several backup batteries for iPhone.  I bought one that has solar function.  It is good value at $9.  However, the battery storage is rather small.  Still I like it that I can used the sun power to charge it up although the solar cell is probably too small to give enough output to charge up the built-in storage battery.

My bicycle now has a dynamo with front and rear lights with a sound system!  It is fun to ride!

No comments: