Sunday, July 22, 2012

Auntie J have dinner with us

Auntie J was at the poolside watching over her kids while they are playing with B3.  We do our usual neighbourly thing - talk.  I asked her girl if she like my food.  She nodded her head.  She had roasted marshmallow with B3 two days ago.  So I invite the girl, B for dinner.  Meanwhile my wife got a little excited and told Auntie J about Foodie Marketplace.  She showed her what we planned to have for dinner - bbq baby back ribs.   Then I told Auntie J I have invited her girl for dinner to try our ribs.  She asked how about her boy?  So we invited boy, girl and mummy over for dinner.  Auntie J is a single mum. 

This is the beauty of living in a small estate.  It is like a kampung.  We had bbq ribs, blanched sweet peas, french fries, leftover braised chicken from Chinatown, and leftover mutton from roti prata shop in Upper Thomson road.  After dinner, we did out regular fruit thing.  B2 left the table.  He does not take much fruit.  We had Hami-melon from China.  It was very sweet and juicy.

It is nice to have adhoc party.  I love to share the food I like.

No comments: