Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chinese Sinseh

Today, I went to the Chung Hwa Free Clinic to consult Chinese Sinseh.  It is my first time to this clinic.  I have to register first and pay $3.  The reception asked me what do I want to consult the sinseh for.  I told her my heart.  She told me to wait at room 7.  There was a couple of patients ahead of me.  The wait is about half an hour to 45 mins.  Not bad compared to GP or hospital emergency dept.

The sinseh asked me a whole bunch of questions.  Then she feel my pulse with three fingers.  After that she prescribed medicine for 6 days.  I have to pay $12 for the medicine.    Total cost is only $15.  It is very affordable although it is no longer "free".  It was probably free when it first started.  A "short" consultation for GP is $25.  This does not include the drugs he prescribed.  So the Chung Hwa Free Clinic is doing a good social cause.  There is no question on financial ability or financial "test" required in order to go "C" class(subsidized class) in government hospital.

The place is run by volunteers and donations.  So it is generating good karma.  I am taking the medicine religiously so far.  I hope my conditions improved.

No comments: