Sunday, July 15, 2012

Family Day

It is a good day with all three boys.  We had Teochew Porridge for lunch together in AMK hawker center.  The queue was incredibly long even though we were early i.e. 11am.  There is a construction going on.  Huge long line of construction workers love this stall.  I think it may be because it is the best value stall as those ahead of us paid between $2 and $2.20 for a big plate of rice with two items.  We bought a pack of red fishes to feed our arowana.

My wife and I go to the hospital to visit her father.  He is very happy to eat the dessert she prepared for him.  Her mum has a bowl as well.  We also heard that her sisters prepared food as well.   So her sisters are quick learners and immediately make sure they win their place in their father's heart.  Even among family members, there is politics.

Since Foodie Marketplace is nearby, we make a stop and BBQ baby back ribs are in stock.  We bought probably 8 racks!  We have two racks for dinner.  I also cooked American-style chilli.  It is minced beef with kidney beans.  I am a little light on the flavoring.  So it did not taste like in the resturants.  I like it!

After dinner, we sent B1 to his camp.  This closed my day with my boys.  I am a lucky father.

No comments: