Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday

Many stalls in the wet market are not open as the slaughterhouse for pig has Sunday as rest day. So I have morning breakfast in AMK Hub Toastbox and then buy some grocery at NTUC Fairprice. Only Toastbox is open at 7am in the morning. I like wet market as my favorite coffee stall open at 4:30am. Also there are a few coffee stalls and if my favorite is not open, the back up is.

B2 starts his lessons today at Nanyang Polytechnic. He bought lecture notes and have more to pay. My nieces who were in University and one still in Nanyang Poly must have cost a lot of money for their mum to support. It is tough to live in Singapore where everything cost money and more money. My father-in-law is sick and my wife brought him to see the family doctor whom we have not seen for a few years. Her consultation fee alone is $90. Medicine is separate cost. When we first see her 10 years ago, her consultation fee is $20 to $30. Now it is so high. It is good to be doctor. The fees increase you can charge is way faster than inflation rate.

Monday is start of the work week. It is busy time for everyone as business activities are high. So it is back to the grind for Singaporeans.

No comments: