Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sensitivity to Radiation

It is short and sweet trip to Osaka. I am satisfied as I accomplished my objective for the trip. The plane is half empty going to Osaka and full on my return. So more people leave Japan and fewer are going. The almost daily aftershock of magnitude 6 to 7 is quite scary for Japanese as well. There is heighten sensitivity to the food and water. My host or my colleague will tell me it is "safety water" or the water is safe. When I asked about the bowl of big juicy apples whether they are Japanese, the hotel staff immediately informed me it is safe as the apples are sourced from the south. Sakura flowers is in full bloom in Osaka. It is beautiful to walk along the river. Until in Tokyo last year, there are very few merrymakers. The country is in self-restraint. Now the Prime Minister is saying get on with normal life. I guess if the self-restraint campaign go on, the already weak economy will slow down preventing recovery. Japan, be strong. We are all with you.

1 comment:

boh tong said...

Gambatte Nihon!